Friday, January 27, 2012

Idiosyncratic Fashionistas *





"I am dressed up for the theatre of my life every day." 


I cannot wait for the summer of 2012! Yes, that is because this is when the documentary is going to be released. Lina Plioplyte and Ari Seth Cohen did such a fantastic job in constructing the themes of this film, brilliant. I love everything that is being portrayed with older New York ladies. I love when I see a woman over the age of 60 being eccentric with her own individual style, it melts my heart. That's what fashion is; telling a story with your wardrobe, modern or vintage, you are stepping into different eras expressing what you admire and what has captured you in the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s ect. It could derive from art, music, architecture, military...the list goes on. It seems many people are afraid to dress for themselves and build character, they're stuck in the bubble of looking like everybody else. Pop that bubble, jump out and express yourself and have fun with your wardrobe, free yourself from what you believe "normal" is or how society has coloured "normal" to be. If everyone was eccentric, the world would be perfect...or at least close to it :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment